Monday 22 July 2013

I hate...........

HOUSEWORK!!!!

I really, really hate it.  I cant think of anything more boring.  Since William went back to work on Thursday, I have been trying to get the house in some sort of order.  I have sorted out the mountain of clothes in the back room and Kept on top of all the dishes.  I have even cleaned out my set of drawers!

I have worked hard for four days and although the house looks better, it's still no where near where I want it to be.  My mum is moving house soon and is giving us a lot of bedroom furniture.  When this happens, we will be moving into the our spare room at the back of the house.  Both girls will move into the large room we are in now ( Emily still sleeps in our room) and Eilidh's old room, being the smallest will used as a little study.  Hopefully this will make better use of all our rooms.  Our rooms were decorated in a rush a few years ago and whilst they are nice, they don't exactly reflect any of our personalities. 

The worst part of our house is the hall.  We just haven't worked up the courage to start it.  It is a huge area and still like it was when we moved in, dark and never looks clean.  For ages now, William has been asking to start stripping the walls but its such a huge task I have put it off.  I have decided to just let him get on with it.  I may even pull off some paper today, to force us to get started. 

We are also trying to tame our garden this year.  The garden was one of the huge selling points of this house.  Its huge for this area but very narrow.  Its 6mX44m and is mostly grass.  Next year I would love to grow some of my own vegetables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment